Drawing inspiration from the seminal preacher, Paul, Steven Smith has taken a fresh look at the why’s of preaching in Dying to Preach. In 2 Corinthians 4:12, Paul describes the philosophy of his ministry as “death in us, but life in you.” Building on this scriptural framework, Steve Smith illustrates the theology of preaching through the metaphor of vicarious suffering, dying so that others might live. As he elaborates the intersection of the cross and the pulpit, Smith shows why the preacher must die to self, die for others, and die in Christ so that congregations may live.
- List Price: $14.99
- ISBN-13: 9780825438974
- Publisher: Kregel Publications
- Publication date: 10/1/2009
Text-Driven Preaching is an excellent resource for preachers at every level. The preaching faculty at Southwestern Seminary bring together year of pastoral experience and a passion for the Word of God to call preachers to greater faithfulness to the text. At its heart this resource captures the heart of Southwestern to Preach the Word and Reach the Word.
- Text-Driven Preaching – EPUB download
- Text-Driven Preaching – Kindle download
- Text-Driven Preaching – PDF download
Preach great sermons and plan innovative worship services with the newest edition of Nelson’s Annual Preacher’s Sourcebook. This volume is the same sermon planner you have come to depend on for more than ten years. Outstanding pastors provide an entire year’s worth of preaching and worship resources for every week. Contributors include Steven W. Smith, Jerry Vines, R. Kent Hughes, Michael Yousseff, Nathan Lino, Jack Graham, O. S. Hawkins, and W. A. Criswell.
- Sermons, creative outlines, illustrations, and quotes for every week of the year
- Worship helps, including hymns, prayers, and Scripture texts
- Inspirational thoughts and preaching techniques
- Sermons for special occasions and holidays
- List Price: $24.99
- ISBN-13: 9781401675714
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson
- Publication date: 12/11/2012